Sky Sports Pub Challenge App ("the App") – Game Terms & Conditions ("Terms and Conditions")
1. These Terms and Conditions apply if you enter the Sky Sports Pub Challenge Game ("the Game"). You are bound to play within the Terms and Conditions of play as specified. British Sky Broadcasting Limited ("Sky" or "Sky Sports" or "the Promoter") shall be deemed to be the Game judge (the "Judge") and the Judge’s decision in all matters relating to the Game shall be final. Entrants to the Game shall be referred to as "Entrants".
2. The Game is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
3. Details of how to enter the Game, play the Game and FAQs can be found on the Game microsite (pubchallenge.skysports.com) ("the Microsite") and shall form part of the Terms and Conditions of the Game. Your entry into the Game is your acceptance of such Terms and Conditions. The Game is only open to persons residing in United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. You must be 18 or over to enter. You must download the App, register and check-in to the Game at an entitled venue showing Sky Sports with a known geo-location ("Participating Venue") and have your location at the Entitled Venue validated by GPS to play the Game. Location validation shall take place at the point of check-in, half-time of the relevant match and before the post-match quiz.
4. You must register and play in your own name and provide your own details. You will be required to verify your details including proof of identity and age when claiming prizes. If you are found to be in breach of this provision, you may be disqualified.
5. Employees of Sky or associated companies, their relatives, agents or agents' relatives may play but are not eligible to win season, monthly prizes or weekly prizes. Landlords of Participating Venues may play but are not eligible to win season, monthly, weekly or in-Venue prizes.
6. Only one account is allowed per Entrant. Multiple accounts will be closed. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that multiple accounts have been opened, all such accounts shall be closed and all entries by such Entrant will be disqualified. Any Entrant found to be registering in the name of any other person will be disqualified.
7. You are solely responsible and liable for activity that occurs on your account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Game password. You shall never use another Entrant's account without such other Entrant's prior express permission. You will immediately notify Sky in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.
8. Points will be rewarded when playing along with Barclays Premier League fixtures in the 2013/14 season shown on Sky Sports ("Eligible Matches").
9. The Judge’s decision in respect of the awarding of points will be final and they will not enter into any correspondence regarding points allocation.
10. Pre-game predictions may be submitted without checking-in to the Game. No points shall be awarded for pre-game predictions if users are not successfully checked into a Participating Venue at the end of the Eligible Match.
11. Where Sky is unable to validate your location via GPS at a Participating Venue, you will be checked out of the Game and no further points shall be awarded to you.
12. Any failure to submit responses to quiz questions, predictions polls or other participatory actions within the Game which may result in the awarding of points ("Game Actions") before the relevant Game Actions’ deadlines shall result in points not being awarded.
13. Sky shall not be responsible or liable for incomplete submissions by you or any submissions which are lost in transmission or received late due to high app traffic levels.
14. Prizes will be awarded for the winner of the overall season, monthly winners, weekly winners and on individual Eligible Matches in Participating Venues which award prizes ("Prize Venues"), as set out on the Microsite.
15. If you have successfully checked into the game at one Participating Venue and you move to another Participating Venue, you shall only be eligible for an in-Venue prize at the first Participating Venue and featured on the first Participating Venue’s leaderboard.
16. The award of prizes in Prize Venues is at the sole discretion of the owner of the Prize Venue and Sky shall not be responsible or liable in relation to the award or failure to award such prizes in Prize Venues.
17. The weekly, monthly and season prizes can be viewed on the Microsite.
18. The winner of the season prize will be the Entrant who has accumulated the highest number of points throughout the Game in the Eligible Matches.
19. The monthly prize will be awarded to the Entrant whose team has accumulated the highest number of points in a Game month (excluding August 2013). 9 monthly prizes will be awarded in all and Game months will be: (1) 1 September to 30 September 2013 (2) 1 October 2013 to 31 October 2013 (3) 1 November 2013 to 30 November 2013 (4) 1 December 2013 to 31 December 2013 (5) 1 January 2014 to 31 January 2014 (6) 1 February 2014 to 28 February 2014 (7) 1 March 2014 to 31 March 2014 (8) 1 April 2014 to 30 April 2014 and (9) 1 May 2014 to 11 May 2014.
20. The weekly prize promotion will run each week from Monday 2nd September 2013 to Sunday 27th April 2014,("the Game weeks"). Each Entrant who successfully checks into a Participating Venue in a Game week (being Monday 00:01 to the following Sunday 00:00) will be entered into that Game week’s draw. The competition winner will be announced the following Wednesday for the previous Game week. The winners will be notified via phone call or text message that same day. One winner will be selected at random each week by an independent person, from all valid entries before 00.00 Sunday of each Game week. The winner will receive the following prize: two tickets to a Barclays Premier League Club of the winner’s choice, for a Barclays Premier League fixture in the 2013/14 season subject to availability (winners will not be able to specify which game they receive tickets for or seat location). Tickets will be sent to the winner via recorded delivery. Travel to and from the event and accommodation is not included. Ticket terms and conditions apply. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
21. There are no prize alternatives and unless otherwise agreed in writing, the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable. Winners will be notified by SMS. If Sky have been unable to contact the winner of any prize within 14 days, Sky can award the prize to another Entrant. In cases where the Entrant in first place hasn’t responded within 14 days, the prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring (or randomly selected) Entrant in that Game period (either weekly, monthly or season). Once a prize winner has responded to Sky and verified their details they will receive their prize within 28 days. Winner’s names will also appear on the Microsite the day after each prize period is completed. The decision of the Judge will be final in all matters relating to the awarding of Game prizes (save as set out above) and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. In the event of two Entrants finishing level on points scored for any in-Venue prize, the Entrant who has answered the most quiz and predictions questions right shall be the winner. If there is still no separating the tied Entrants, they will be placed in order of the date and time they checked-in to the Game for the first time on the day of the Eligible Match, with the Entrant who checked-in earliest being deemed the winner.
23. In the event of two Entrants finishing level on points scored for any monthly or season prize, the Entrant who has answered the most quiz and predictions questions right shall be the winner. If there is still no separating the tied Entrants, they will be placed in order of the date and time they entered the Game for the first time on the day of the Eligible Match, with the Entrant who checked-in earliest being deemed the winner.
Privacy and data protection
24. The Promoter and/or Sky and its associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies process personal data that it collects through the Game. The following categories of personal data are collected and will be used as set out in clause 24 below:
- Name (including initials and username)
- Date of birth
- Contact details
- Other information you enter on the application form
- Location data
25. Entry into the Game constitutes permission for Sky and/or their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies to:
i) use and publish your forename and surname initial (e.g. "Tom H") on the Game leaderboard and Participating Venue leaderboard;
ii) where you opt-in to linking your Game account to your Facebook account, use and share details of any event you create ("Your Events") and your attendance at Participating Venues on Facebook (in accordance with your Facebook privacy settings and unless you specify otherwise in your App profile settings);
iii) identify that you are located in a Participating Venue and use this information to compile and publish the Participating Venue leaderboard (as set out in clause 24(i) above)
iv) use your personal details for the purpose of administering this promotion;
v) provide details of the prize winners’ first name and county for one month after the close of this promotion where any party writes to the Promoter at the address below stating the name and date of the promotion.
vi) use the details you give us to contact you about each of our products and services. You can change your direct marketing preferences by contacting us on 0800 0724 777 or by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in direct marketing emails from us.
26. All winners may be required to participate in such publicity as Sky reasonably requires.
27. The Game may not be available at all times and Sky cannot be held liable if it is unavailable at any time. Sky or their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies do not accept liability for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network conditions which may limit or prohibit the opportunity to participate in the Game. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall include the check-in process at Participating Venues and validation of your location in a Participating Venue.
28. Sky shall not be responsible or liable where a Participating Venue is not participating in the Game, showing the relevant match or a Prize Venue is not awarding in-Venue prizes.
29. Any registration activity, bets or other activity with Sky Bet shall be governed by the Sky Bet Terms & Conditions.
30. Sky reserves the right to substitute the any prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
31. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Sky and their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond their control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
32. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these Terms and Conditions, these shall take precedence.
33. Sky shall not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond Sky’s reasonable control. No information may be reproduced in any format from the Game without prior written consent from Sky.
34. "Sky" and "Sky Sports" are registered trade-marks and cannot be used without the express permission of their respective owners.
35. Informative and explanatory copy, including the scoring system and rules, forms a part of the Terms and Conditions of the Game. The Judge’s reserve the right to refuse to accept any entry that in their sole opinion does not comply with the Terms and Conditions of the Game or which contravenes the spirit of the Game. Further, the judges have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the Terms and Conditions of the Game at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to Sky as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant.
36. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the Entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the Entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other Entrants or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
37. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the Entrant agrees to abide by these rules.
38. Any site users or entrants found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Sky will be immediately removed from the system and have any entry, subscriptions or payments cancelled. Such users will have no right to any refunds and Sky reserve the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
39. Sky will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the Game information on the Microsite and App and to update such information on a regular basis, but Sky cannot guarantee that such information will be accurate or up-to-date at all times.
40. Sky reserves the right to investigate any complaints that it receives but shall be under no obligation to do so. Should Sky choose to exercise this right, its decision shall be final and binding on all complainants and it shall not enter into any correspondence regarding its decision or any other matter.
41. If there is a conflict between the Microsite and these Terms and Conditions, these shall take precedence.
42. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions continuing in full force and effect.
43. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering the Game.
44. Apple Inc is in no way linked or associated with this or any other competitions/contents run in this App/Service.
45. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted in accordance with English law and the entrants agree that all claims arising from their participation in the Game that they may bring against Sky will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
46. Sky may rely upon and enforce these Terms and Conditions.
47. If you have any problems in accessing details about your chosen team or any other details regarding your entry or any general queries, please refer to the Microsite.
48. Promoter: British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD.